SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus
SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus: Staff Selection Commission Conduct Stenographer Grade “C” & “D” Examination, Syllabus details are given below.
Stenographer Grage “C” & “D” Scheme of Examination:
- The details of computer based examination are mentioned below:
General Intelligence &
- Question paper will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice. Questions will be set
in Hindi and English except for Part-III.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the
- Marks scored by candidates in the Computer Based Examinations, if conducted
in multiple shifts, will be normalized and such normalized scores will be used to
determine final merit.
Syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examination:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its Neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture,
Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
- English Language & Comprehension: In addition to the testing of candidates’ understanding of the English Language, its vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. his/ her writing ability, would also be tested.
Skill Test in Stenography:
- Candidates who obtain the qualifying marks in the Examination as may be
prescribed by the Commission will be called for the Skill Test. Commission may
also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Examination. The Skill Test
will be of qualifying nature and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards
in the Skill Test for different categories of candidates.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Skill Test in Stenography. The
candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/ Hindi at the
speed of 100 word per minute (w.p.m) for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and
80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be
transcribed on computer. The transcription time is as follows: