SSC SI, ASI & CAPFs Syllabus
SSC SI, ASI & CAPFs Syllabus: Staff Selection Commission CAPFs Syllabus Updated Exam Pattern, SSC Conduct CAPF Examination basis of Paper – I & Paper II on different syllabus based.
- SCHEME OF CAPF EXAMINATION:
The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Detail of these Papers/ Tests are as follows:
- Paper – I:
General Knowledge and
- Paper – II:
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions. The Commission at its discretion may fix qualifying marks in Paper-I, Paper-II and any part(s) of Paper-I.
Syllabus for Computer Based Mode Examinations:
- Paper – I:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type.This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spacevisualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visualmemory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figuralclassification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statementconclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testingthe candidates‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every dayobservations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especiallypertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution,scientific Research etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use ofnumbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of wholenumbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture andAllegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra andElementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruenceand similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle,common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, RightPrism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, RectangularParallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree andRadian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram,
Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: Candidates‟ ability to understand correct English, his basiccomprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings,
Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Note-II: Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper-II and the Medical Examination would be conducted subsequently.