RPF Constable Exam Syllabus: CBT, PET, PMT & DV Selection Process and Exam Syllabus
RPF Constable Exam Syllabus: RPF Constable Entire recruitment process shall involve a Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and Document Verification (DV).
RPF Constable Recruitment Process:
PHASE – I – COMPUTER BASED TEST ( CBT):
All Candidates will be required to answer all questions and shall be
awarded 01(one) mark for each correct answer. Negative marks shall
be awarded for every wrong answer. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for every wrong answer. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for
questions not attempted.
No. of Questions:
Question Type and Syllabus:
- General Awareness (50 marks):
Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, and General Science etc.
- Arithmetic(35 marks):
Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion etc.
- General Intelligence & reasoning(35 marks):
Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and
decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
PHASE – II- PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET) & PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT (PMT):
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for
PET and PMT. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory
and the same will be qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded. The
criteria for PET is as under:
5 min 45 secs
3 min 40 secs
- For 1600/800 meters event only one chance will be given.
- For Long Jump and High jump, the candidates will be
given up to 2 chances each.
PHASE – III: DOCUMENT VERIFICATION:
- Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT and subject to
their qualifying in PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document
Certificates for Verification Requirement:
Following documents in original, as well as their self-attested photo copies will
be required for verification in respect of candidates who qualify in PET/PMT.
- 10th/Matriculation certificate as proof of age.
- 10th/Matriculation certificate as proof of educational qualification.
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the format prescribed for
employment under Central Government.
- Discharge certificate for Ex-Serviceman.
- Two copies of self-attested color photograph
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt. employees.
- Domicile certificate wherever applicable